Saturday, October 29, 2005

The end of lessons proper is a double-edged sword...

Yesterday's ICT class was the last class for me for this semester. Although lessons have ended, the assignments are still in progress and due next week.

There was a bittersweet taste in my mouth yesterday knowing that I do not have to attend any more lessons (except for one lecture in November). Sweet because, well, there are no lessons! Nothing to prepare nothing to read in advance, don't have to drive the ridiculous distance down to NIE for lessons that seem to be irrelevant (but I'm sure they are useful somehow, just that I have not realised it yet).

Bitter because well, won't be seeing my old and new friends as much as before. But on hindsight, not seeing my friends is also a bittersweet situation in itself! Bitter because I've come to know some of them at a deeper level and love to hang around with them. Sweet because some of them are just morons who are narrow-minded and some are utterly boring to be with!



Oh one thing, I'm a great believer in the adage "do unto others what you want others to do unto you", so all you proponents of "all's fair in love and war", don't bug me with your ideas and 'advice'.

No comments: