Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Explored two new 'spaces' which now have a sense of place...




Firstly, I would like to thank my fellow banana-lover "BananaSaviour" for introducing to me two new places which I never knew (well sort of knew one of them) existed.

The ice-cream parlour at Sin Ming Avenue called Iceskimo is really a great place to hang out with friends, the flavours are not your usual run-of-the-mill kinds but were kinda "exotic", top your waffles off with ice-cream and what you get is a truly delectable treat!

Another place which I was introduced to was the Settler's Cafe along North Canal Road. This cafe serves your usual finger-foods and drinks but the interesting thing about it was the availability of highly-interesting board games for patrons to play. I do admit that it was really fun to play such games, especially when you have great company.

Just a short post considering my brain is shutting off... shoots, I might just be a closet blogger as my initial resistance to the entire act of blogging might be slowly dissipating...

4 comments:

Banana Saviour said...

Stop enticing me with those perfect-looking bananas!! *grin*

Icekimo: It must have been the Belgium chocolate ice-cream which enabled you to win UNO. Zhuai3. Haha!

Settlers: "I'll give you 2 coffee beans for 2 stink beans!" =)Heh. Lesson leanrnt? An extra piece of land does not guarantee more harvests...

jenny said...

you need to spend more time there before you can have a sense of place! in the strictest sense according to Tuan and Relph anyway. ok nmind. we need to treat prof ragu. soon.

Anonymous said...

Try honing a better sense of 'space' by experiencing it with your dessert-crazy sis.

Margarita Ice Cream?

Call my secretary.

Geognut said...

Jenny,

It's not the length of time but the quality and intensity that matters heh.