Friday, September 09, 2005

How the tide has turned...

It's amazing how a death in the family makes everything else that is happening all seem so frivolous. I always find it hard to swallow how you might be communicating with someone close to you for the very last time, and the next time you meet, he/she is not of this world anymore.

So, try to always prioritise your time properly and do what's more important. Life is short. Not worth living your life by working too much and too hard or to deal with two-faced people.

As such, my blog on yesterday's micro-teaching session will be soooooo short. I don't really give a damn anyway.

Here goes,

Vintagemz, you did well. You explained the topic well, scaffolding the way you taught us and emphasised the importance of using proper geographical lexicon when answering. You were decisive when allocating groups, that was good. All in all, you were firm, strict but yet still created a conducive environment.

Swallowapple, kudos to you for attempting to teach us map-reading. Your stern look sent daggers through many students I'm sure. Even Bananasaviour became extremely quiet as if somewhat traumatised by her past. Personally, I wanted to challenge your stern-ness in class. The fiercer the teacher, the more I want to challenge authority. But like I promised, I didn't play into my role and what I actually really wanted to do which was to really question you on not only the topics, but your authority. But kudos to you for being able to maintain discipline, however, I felt that the environment was one of fear and it might stifle students' willingness to participate. Balancing is tough. That I understand.

Anyway personally, I felt that there might be some form of favouritism practiced as how you reacted to Superlambanana and gang was way different from how you handled weswee, raksha, bananasaviour and myself. I might be over-reading but that's how I felt. Not surprised in some sense since you peeps are mathmos, tough to separate sometimes.

BTW, I concur with Karst in Stone. I don't really look forward to geog class as much as I used to.


4 comments:

Banana Saviour said...

Hey, hope u are feeling better.

Today's class was really good by the way. Lots of good tips. As demonstrated by tutor K's basketball moves in an attempt to teach grid references. (Will demo to u if there's a chance.)

Dun give up hope. "The best is yet to be". You should know this better than anyone huh? =)

Geognut said...

Hope's not lost. Just in a reflecting process/mood now.

swallowapple said...

dear student geognut, i am sorry for making you feel that i showed favourism towards the mathmos. all i wanted to do was to ensure that the 'notorious' geognut and bananasaviour had no chance to showcase their nonsenses. if the two don't lead, the rest won't follow, i think. :)

hope you are feeling better now. do take care!

Geognut said...

Swallowapple, I guess for Bananasaviour and myself, trying to remove the label would be difficult.

Hope you will be the discipline mistress of a girls' school, sure will perform well.