Sunday, August 28, 2005

Evil looks....Beautiful Gem

Did a recce for my geography fieldwork lesson plan today. First stop, Jurong Hill.


As seen in the picture, we can see on the left the road linking the main island to Jurong Island. In the foreground are some warehouses/factories while in the middle, is the presence of a shipyard servicing three ships. In the background will be Jurong Island proper.

While I was shooting the video and taking pictures of Jurong Island as well as Jurong Industrial Estate, I noticed that people were either giving me a perplexed look as to why the heck would one want to video an Industrial Estate (plus I was alone and wearing shades) under the hot sun to downright suspicious looks as to the real motive behind my picture and video-taking.

Maybe I should try to look more 'teacher-ish' so that people will assume that I am conducting a recce/fieldwork for some lesson or something. Either that or bring along some company, preferably a gal, just so to look more 'normal' instead of just one solo guy lurking around.


Fall-back plan, next stop, Bt Chandu/Pepys Road's Canopy Walk.


Think I've discovered a small gem today while doing this recce (was thinking just in case my Industries Fieldwork doesn't really hold water). I didn't know that the canopy walk links Pepys Road, which is where Reflections at Bt Chandu (historical museum/site showcasing the exploits and courage of the Malay Regiment which fought the Japanese on Pasir Panjang Hill) is situated, with the Kent Ridge Park off Vigilante Drive. Nice to know that you can walk from one point of the ridge to the other.

It was a very scenic and peaceful place, one only hears the music of the jungle, such as the sounds of rustling leaves and cicadas/grasshoppers...

As seen in the picture below, the view is just magnificent!


The park that sits between the canopy walk and Kent Ridge Park is one place I'll go often. Not only because one can see the three stages of a rainforest, it is really a peaceful, quiet and beautiful place. Let's hope it stays this way and people do not abuse the park.


Had a great time finding this gem today. Now to think about my fieldwork lesson plan proper...

2 comments:

Geognut said...

Started on my ICT yeah sort of heh. Want to get it over and done with. Jurong Hill is off Bird Park, you enter via the same entrance to Bird Park, just go straight up.

Eh ideas for work we can always bounce off each other, feel free to share whatever queries you might have.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures!
hm.. I need to make a trip down to Bukit Chandu soon.. :D

rainbow_craze