Monday, August 08, 2005

Ramblings on a Monday...

Mondays... Back at work on Monday is great ONLY when Tuesday is a public holiday. After a weekend of fun (read: work), it is comforting to know that lessons on Mondays are short and sweet, which is just as good since most of the time, I'm not even in that 'space' but rather, somewhere else...

Something has been bugging me over the weekend, especially after Friday's morning lesson whose module title shall remain anonymous for now... What good is a class that drills into you the wonders of technology and how beneficial it can be during the teaching process when the class does not, I repeat, DOES NOT teach you the workings of the various software? Hmm... on one hand you are supposed to use technology to the fullest in the teaching process but on the other hand, "hey, you gotta learn it yourself!" How then does one know the maximum potential of the respective software.? You might think to yourself, "well that's part of the learning process, so go forth and learn the software by yourself." Ok fine, true, I do admit that it does make sense when you think that way, but then why do we need to attend a class just so they tell you that technololgy is helpful? I mean... "Duh!" What a load of bollocks!

Attending a class is fine. I'm just against people wasting my time, especially considering the fact that NIE is located on one end of our "sunny island" and huge transport costs are incurred!

Enough of the ranting...

I've been telling my friends attending the other Geog Class how our class has to write Blogs, create Podcasts (which does sound interesting) and commence on our micro-simulated teaching with simultaneous video-ing (filming) of how we actually teach. Their immediate response was, "Wow! So interesting! Sounds fun!" I knew that they were not being sarcastic but were truly envious of the things that we were tasked to do. But well, "The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side..."

No comments: