Saturday, August 27, 2005

Work work work work work.....Rest?

On one hand, I feel that I really need to rest and recharge over the weekend. On the other hand, I feel as if I must continue working as if I stop for even one day, work will pile up! Decisions decisions.... Even when I am watching TV, eating, even bathing, I am constantly thinking of all the work that needs to be done and how I should go about doing it.

During last night's dinner, we were discussing about the fieldwork planning aspect of the course. As we confirmed that the fieldwork aspect must tie in with the 3 lessons plan that we need to do, I was wondering what the heck kind of fieldwork I can do to connect with my topic of Industries.

So far, am thinking of a fieldtrip to Jurong Hill so that we are able to get a good view of the Jurong Industrial Estate as well as Jurong Island and observing the types of industries present, the characteristics of the buildings and the connectivity of the industrial estates to the major network of roads which link to transport terminals such as the port and airport. Additionally, maybe a drive-by around Tuas can allow students to further visualise the types of industries and maybe ending up after a drive along the expressways to the ports to highlight the importance of connectivity...hmmm....

Just found out that there are visitor centres for both Jurong Island and JTC!!! Yay!

2 comments:

jurong1 said...

good :-)

i'm glad that the visitors' centres are still accessible to the general public :-)

i have also been thinking about your assignment. was thinking that you could get by by defining 'industries' more broadly :-) just a thought (feel free to ignore)

Geognut said...

Oh I was actually thinking of the opposite and narrowing down the definition to something more contextually relevant for Singapore.

Hmmm... but good point.